Re: Failed to load libraries when installed with DESTDIR

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 12:39 AM, Maciej Sumiński
<maciej.suminski@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Nathan,
>
> The steps you have described brought you footprints usable for board
> design in pcbnew. If you need symbols for eeschema, there is another
> repository [1] that you have to download and point eeschema there.
>
> Regards,
> Orson
>
> 1. https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library/tree/master/library

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow. Do you have any idea about the:
eeschema's "Preferences" menu, then the "Component Libraries" dialog
and set the "User defined search path"
not working? I tried this with two files created with the online
generator, I had a .lib file and a .mod file from:
http://kicad.rohrbacher.net/quicklib.php
http://kicad.rohrbacher.net/quickmod.php