Re: Failed to load libraries when installed with DESTDIR

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 12:39 AM, Maciej Sumiński
> <maciej.suminski@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Nathan,
>>
>> The steps you have described brought you footprints usable for board
>> design in pcbnew. If you need symbols for eeschema, there is another
>> repository [1] that you have to download and point eeschema there.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Orson
>>
>> 1. https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-library/tree/master/library
>
> Thanks, I will try that tomorrow. Do you have any idea about the:
> eeschema's "Preferences" menu, then the "Component Libraries" dialog
> and set the "User defined search path"
> not working? I tried this with two files created with the online
> generator, I had a .lib file and a .mod file from:
> http://kicad.rohrbacher.net/quicklib.php
> http://kicad.rohrbacher.net/quickmod.php

I don't rember the user defined search path ever working, I just added
all the libs, which is easy to do, because you can select multiple
libs. I have not tested the user defined search path option much
because of the before mentioned reason, and hence I never came around
reporting it.

If you mean that it does not work properly too, please report it,
which a use case illustrating that it does not work.