Re: Feature freeze.

On 30.03.2015 21:50, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

> On 3/29/2015 6:00 PM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
>> On 29.03.2015 23:23, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>>> Attention all developers.  I have finally committed the environment
>>> variable configuration dialog (although I named it the "Path
>>> Configuration" because the term environment variable is apparently too
>>> scary) so we are now in feature freeze.  This means if you want to add a
>>> new feature or change any functional behavior you must run it by the
>>> developers list first.  This includes me as well.  The only thing I'm
>>> aware that's already in the pipe line at the moment is the footprint
>>> wizard that Orson is working on so that can be committed without approval.
>> Hi Wayne,
>>
>> Some time ago I modified a bit the REPORTER class: added message
>> severity levels & a wxHtmlView widget to filter/display them (see
>> attached drawing showing the new report panel integrated with the
>> netlist dialog). Do you agree to merge it?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tom
>>

> Hey Tom,
>
> Did you create a new REPORTER object with the HTML message severity
> levels or did you change the existing one?
Hey Wayne,

The changes are:
- the interface of the base REPORTER class now includes severity
parameter in Report() method,
- made the filtering internal to REPORTER object or its derivatives
(means less code on the client side, because one needs no longer check
if a message type is enabled before generating it)
- added a WX_HTML_REPORT_PANEL class (the widget itself, with filtering
options & save report to file button)
- updated plotter, export & netlist windows to use the new reporter
- cleaned up and standardized the messages a little bit (e.g. removed
'**** ERROR: something' -like messages)
- added a short error message field in the IO_ERROR class (IMHO telling
the user that a file was not found by showing source code file names and
line/function numbers is a bit scary...).

The code is on my Github [1]. It also includes some refactoring of the
BOARD object that encapsulates legacy ratsnest and pads list in a
separate classes to make the code more manageable). The reporter stuff
can be of course applied separately. I know Orson had some patches for
it too, so give me a day or two to apply them and make a final version.

If you changed the existing
> one, does it effect the default HTML control behavior?
Nope, it does not touch it.

> I think this
> would be something that would be useful and fairly low risk to include
> before the next stable release.  I'm not sure I would use it to replace
> wxRichMessageDialog.
I didn't change this either.

Cheers,
Tom