Re: Bob's Mac Usability Problems

On Apr 1, 2015, at 14:10, Adam Wolf <adamwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm making this thread so Bob has a place to bring up his usability problems.  I have a hard time following the mailing list when threads diverge, and making multiple threads really helps me out.

Adam Wolf
___________________Bob Gustafson writes:

Thanks much Adam.

I’m reposting below my Mac usability mails taken from the “GAL questions (with regarding 3d-viewer)” thread

I just now downloaded your OS X nightly build (both debug and regular) on my wife’s Mac mini. She does not like the trackpad and has an Apple Mouse (latest model) -> more or less a standard Mac (it does have a Cinema 30 from a previous Mac).

When I create a board, add some chips and wires, I have difficulty in controlling the circuit on the screen. Whenever I touch the top of the mouse (one finger or two), the circuit layout zooms wildly. It doesn’t matter whether I stroke the mouse up and down or left-right, the circuit zooms big (bigger than the screen) or tiny. No panning action from the mouse.  This is with both the eeschema and pcbnew views.

Perhaps I have my mouse preferences set incorrectly, but other applications work just fine. With LibreOffice or Preview, I can easily pan (one finger) in all directions without causing any zoom.

This is close to the same action I see on my Mac Laptop.

If this is the normal operation of KiCad on the Mac, I can’t see how it can be a release version.

Bob G