Re: Bob's Mac Usability Problems

Hi everyone,

I am using a 5k IMac with a standard PC logitech mouse. I have the nightly build 5547 installed.

I do not experience any problems with zooming in GAL. (Besides the already reported bug with the F2 button) What I do experience is the lack of rats nest. Sometimes when zooming there is a remainder of a short rats nest wire but that is basically it.

Also as a side note the only mode usable on the 5k iMac is the OpenGL GAL mode. Everything else is way too slow to be usable (probably too many pixels to render :D) I had to start Kicad in a low resolution mode so that default mode is somewhat usable. (Reported to Nick and he was so kind that he added this to the FAQ)

I hope this is useful information.

Cheers,
Piotr