Re: Bob's Mac Usability Problems

Super - will look for them

Bob G

On 04/02/2015 12:31 PM, Adam Wolf wrote:
I will work hard on getting nightlies with the trackpad patch applied,
in the DEBUG/trackpad/ directory.

Adam Wolf
Cofounder and Engineer
W&L

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Bob Gustafson <bobgus@xxxxxxx
<mailto:bobgus@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 04/02/2015 09:05 AM, Andy Peters wrote:

            On Apr 2, 2015, at 1:24 AM, Piotr Esden-Tempski
            <piotr@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:piotr@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

            Hi everyone,

            I am using a 5k IMac with a standard PC logitech mouse. I
            have the nightly build 5547 installed.

            I do not experience any problems with zooming in GAL.
            (Besides the already reported bug with the F2 button) What
            I do experience is the lack of rats nest. Sometimes when
            zooming there is a remainder of a short rats nest wire but
            that is basically it.

        I use a Kensington Expert Mouse (read: best pointing device
        EVER, all others just suck) with my desktop Mac (and the work
        PC). I mapped one of the buttons to be the middle mouse
        button. It works well.

        I'm not at my MacBook Pro, but I could swear that there is a
        way to set up a modifier key/mouse click combination to
        emulate the middle button. I'll check later.

        I also have the GAL rats-nest issue Piotr mentions.

    The graphics program Blender uses modifier key/mouse click
    combinations. See:

    http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Interface/Keyboard_and_Mouse

    The following table shows the combos used:
            2-button Mouse  Apple Mouse
    LMB Template-LMB.png    LMB Template-LMB.png    LMB
    Template-LMB.png (mouse button)
    MMB Template-MMB.png    AltLMB Template-LMB.png         ⌥ OptLMB
    Template-LMB.png (Option/Alt key + mouse button)
    RMB Template-RMB.png    RMB Template-RMB.png    ⌘ CmdLMB
    Template-LMB.png (Command/Apple key + mouse button)

    Unfortunately for me, these don't work with KiCad on a trackpad or
    magic mouse equipped Mac OSX 10.10.2

    ( With the command key down and rubbing the magic mouse lightly in
    any direction, a chip footprint can be panned to the left and back
    to center on pcbnew. No modifier key combo seems to enable up down
    panning.)

    With the option key down, mouse motions draw an outline box -
    perhaps a group select command.

    Thanks for all your comments. Bob G