Re: Documentation update

On Sat, Apr 04, 2015 at 05:35:23PM +0200, Nick Østergaard wrote:
> > Now that we are in feature freeze, I need an update on where we stand as
> > far as the asciidoc documentation conversion process is concerned.  I
> > did a git pull yesterday and now `make html` fails for a missing po
> > directory.  I have a few questions about the current state of the
> > documentation.
>
> It is because of the way Marco made it with his Makefiles. He made it
> such that there was only one Makefile and then a make.sh from each the
> docs. This is not ideal IMHO, but I hope the CMake stuff will solve
> that.

I have done this to have just one single Makefile to check/debug.
Sorry I am not a Make expert for sure, nor a real programmer.
I simply did my best.

I decided to study CMake though so I hope it will improve in the
future.

> > 1) Is all of the legacy ODT documentation converted to asciidoc?
>
> I hope someone else can answer that.

Looking at this page:

http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/KICAD/KiCad+Documentation

* KiCad Reference Manual.       done
* Eeschema Reference Manual.    done
* Cvpcb Reference Manual.       done
* Pcbnew Reference Manual.      done
* Gerbeview Reference Manual.   done
* Getting Started in KiCad.     done

* IDF manual                    done

* KiCad Scripting Reference Manual or
http://www.kicad-pcb.org/display/KICAD/KiCad+Scripting+Reference+Manual
not converted but I can start converting it into asciidoc in any moment
if you ask me to do it.

and this page

* Python scripting reference or
http://ci.kicad-pcb.org/job/kicad-doxygen/ws/build/pcbnew/doxygen-python/html/index.html