Re: Documentation update

On Sat, Apr 04, 2015 at 08:06:14PM +0300, Eldar Khayrullin wrote:
> Maybe I can mistaken, but I think that need to divide each i18n to
> separate repos on Github in accordance
> them language, for example kicad-doc-ru, kicad-doc-fr and so on.
> Each repo contains two languages one from them
> english. kicad-doc-en main repo contains only english language.
> Other repos pull changes from main repo.

IMHO that is exactly the wrong way to do it, for many reasons.

1) so the english version is duplicated for each language

2) it will be difficult to keep it in sync every "reference" english
   version

> So now, repos have small size (few ethernet traffic),

1) using asciidoc the size of docs is really low,
2) the size of .po files for each language even less.
3) And IMHO the traffic of git sync repo is just for dev and not casual users
=> not a real issue.
4) on github a branch produce no waste of space at all

> easy to separate managing.
> And in life few people who at the same
> time use more than two languages: english and native language.
>
> Other projects using this policy. See for example https://github.com/progit.

That is a book that once it is written, it does not change, so the
way they handle it does not need to, and actually is, _not_ so smart.

IMHO and I may be wrong, of course. :-)

--

Marco Ciampa

| GNU/Linux User  #78271 |