Re: Documentation update

On 4 April 2015 at 16:23, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now that we are in feature freeze, I need an update on where we stand as
> far as the asciidoc documentation conversion process is concerned.  I
> did a git pull yesterday and now `make html` fails for a missing po
> directory.  I have a few questions about the current state of the
> documentation.
>
> 1) Is all of the legacy ODT documentation converted to asciidoc?
>
> 2) Does all the English language asciidoc build in both html and
>    pdf at least on Linux?
>
> 3) Do all of the supported translations build?
>
> 4) I didn't see any CMake configuration files yet.  Are we making any
>    progress on that front?

Hi Wayne,

Sorry, I've been really busy doing other stuff, but the CMake stuff is
underway: https://github.com/BrianSidebotham/kicad-doc

It's still experimental and not fully functional yet, but it can now
progress better. Nick has fixed the msys2 KiCad-Winbuilder which was
broken for a while and had me stumped! That project is now close to
being able to provide decent installers. At the moment it can create
the installers, but I think there's still some outstanding work to
make the installers complete.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the CMake stuff up and running pretty
soon. I'll concentrate on Linux and then make sure things work through
msys2. PDF generation under msys2 is a pain, but could be possible
through either asciidoctor-pdf or else a2x and Apache fop.

Best Regards,

Brian.