Re: FreeCAD 0.15

Hi Murat,

> I'm not sure this could be known, but as far as I'm following this group no one mentioned something about this topic.

3D-viewer is not the primary focus of development and use of the kicad and I understand and agree :)
So that is why is not much mention here.

> Thanks for your contributions. 3D viewer works pretty good. I have some ideas and requests but I need to work with KiCad a bit more ;)

Since the 3d-viewer become a little better, it seems that more people are using it a bit more. I notice that more people are requesting to support VRML files in last year.. well.. that was in fact the reason that brought me here.

I would love to hear your ideas and requests.
You may want also to have a look in two posts I did recently here:
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg17861.html
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg17605.html

But maybe first, it would be nice to write your ideas and don't get biased with that posts.

Related with your model,
You may want to try to visualize it using the view3dscene:
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/view3dscene.php

(or maybe other 3rd part software)

and you will find that it is not properly exported / created by FreeCAD. The view3dscene gives 54 warnings related with wrong number of normals in the model and it will not be able to render it properly using shading.
If you clear the normal information (in view3dscene) it will give good results.
I notice that 3d-viewer maybe have some issue in calculate some normals in pins.

Related with the colors, I saw in the model that it is using some different way to attribute colors, I have to analyse if that is valid or I should implement (another) workaround for the issues with that exporter.

the VRML 2 is very incomplete in relation to VRML 2 specification, but, most of the times the model (software exporter) it self have issues or is creating the model in a very dubious way.

Regards,
Mario Luzeiro