problem with clashing hotkeys and translations

There is a little problem arising in the way KiCad handles hotkeys and
translations.

All occurences of menu strings are all merged togegher in all KiCad
programs of the suite.

The more KiCad grows the more is probably is that hotkeys that are
perfectly valid in one menu will be clashing with another in another
menu of another program.

See for example the double 'p' hotkey in the Pl_Editor file menu (press
the "Alt" key in Ubuntu for seeing the hotkeys underlined).

Another problem arises from the fact that is not always possible to
translate different strings in different context that are rendered in
English with the same word.

As an example in English "none" is translated to "nessuno" or "nessuna"
in Italian depending respectively from the context "male" or "female"
object which they are referring to and I imagine that in other languages
there are similar problems.

Gettext has a way to handle it using the "context":

https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Contexts.html

Will you consider to adopt such a expedient to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

--

Marco Ciampa

| GNU/Linux User  #78271 |