Re: Inserting new pins based on pin orientation in eeschema

Hi,

On 22.04.2015 04:16, Ed Johns wrote:

> I just re-implemented the calculations for pin offsets when inserting pins
> in the library editor in eeschema.  They are no longer dependent on global
> settings.  They are only dependent on the currently selected grid size and
> the size of the text.  The direction of the offset is determined by the
> orientation of the pin.

This is good for packages with pins numbered counterclockwise, but makes
things more difficult when pins are added top-to-bottom on the right side.

From a coding style POV, I'd use std::max(), and something like

  int xOffset = aXGridSize * ( 1 + ( maxTextHeight / aXGridSize ) );

to avoid using the grid size three times in the same formula, but these
are minor issues and the gatekeeper may feel the opposite.

g_RepeatStep is set from the eeschema config dialog, and used precisely
here and in the "repeat" action (which apparently is reachable only
through a hotkey). Is anyone actually using this, and/or should it be
advertised better in the UI?

   Simon