Re: yet another search path list issue? (Maybe a Mac issue, or Mac build issue)

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm seeing some behavior that confuses me with the component library files.
> (I have attached a screenshot showing the Active Libraries screen for
> eeschema from a mac build of mine from a few days ago.)
>
> There appear to be .lib files included in my Mac builds from the
> kicad-libraries github repository that aren't looked at when you add
> component in eeschema.  For example, ftdi.lib.  ftdi.lib is in a directory
> that is in the search path box in the bottom, but it is not named in the top
> list of libraries. (and the ftdi parts don't show up.)
>
> If I add the ftdi.lib from the search path explicitly, it shows up in the
> top list, and then the parts can be added.
>
> Questions:
>
> * Is this expected behavior?  If so, what is "search path" for then?

I have _never_ seen the search path thing working. I just added them
all explicitly, it is pretty quick because you can select multiple in
the file browser.

> * If we have search paths, why do we include some libraries by default in
> the top pane?

Good question, I have also been wondering about this. But I think
those are the explicit libs specified in the .pro template.

> * What determines what is in that top pane for new projects?

I think the explicitly defined libs, which is saved in the pro file. (I think)