Re: UPDATE: Diode pins swapped in KiCad Libraries

Carl and other library folks,

I understand you had to make the change, and I'm certain it took hard work
to make everything match, and I'm glad that the libraries are better now,
but I hate the fact that many, many users will never be notified of this
board-breaking change, and we have absolutely no way of notifying them.

Rather than make a github-plugin specific change that will only alert users
about changes in footprints, I think we should see if we can quickly code a
dialog that checks a location on kicad-pcb.org for news, and display it on
KiCad startup by default if it has changed.  I would like to get this in
before the stable release, but I know we're already in feature freeze.
Wayne, what do you think?

Adam Wolf
Cofounder and Engineer
Wayne and Layne, LLC