Kicad 3D Virtual models for mechanical purposes

Hi to all, I just slightly modified 3d-viewer to add this feature:
the option to toggle visibility for 3d models when they are assigned as virtual in pcb footprint menu.

I use this feature to add to the board mechanical parts (e.g. spacers, box, etc) and be able to display or not them in 3d-viewer.
In this way I can manage the pcb routing without viewing the 3D mechanical parts, and check dimensions and other mechanical needs just toggling the visibility of the virtual 3D models.

I don't know if someone may consider this useful... I use this feature a lot to verify dimensions, holes and mechanical needs during the pre-production phase.

I also modified the export to vrml file to add the option to export or not the virtual 3d models.

The differences with the standard kicad source code are very small and if the developers would think that feature may be usefull to be add to the release, I can post this patch...

Please let me know you opinion...
Thank for this great sw

Maurice

Follow ups