From: Kicad-developers [kicad-developers-bounces+mrluzeiro=ua.pt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Michael Heidinger [mch.heidinger@xxxxxx]
Sent: 28 April 2015 23:10
To: KiCad Developers
Subject: [Kicad-developers] PCB Layouting with OpenGL Mode: What I miss.

Dear Developpers,

first of all I want to say thank you for putting your energy to this
great project.

There are some points I would propose some small edits to make KiCad
more convenient.

1. Deleting a track to next junction: In standard mode one can just
press "del" and the track is gone (until the next junction). I would
like to have this feature too.
Currently only the segment goes. Deleting only a segment should be done
by the "remove one char" key. (The key over enter, you know what I mean...)
Also this feature should also be available in the "track place mode". In
track place mode currently nothing happens.

2. Editing zones is in OpenGL mode: The edit dialog does not open
pressing "e". You have to first select the zone and then you can edit.
Accessing the edit faster would be more convenient.

3. Changing layers: In standard mode I can switch layers (top to bottom
and vise-versa by pressing v.) In OpenGL mode I cannot switch with the
"v"-key.

I think the changes proposed are fast to implement, but will KiCad make
more user-friendly.

- Michael