Re: Launchpad supports Git

AWESOME.

So now we just need to support git hashes in the version info.  Now, I
don't think there is any reason to hold this back.  I have made such a
patch that will compute a bzr like revision (should match every
revision with my sporadic tests), and it will show a git hash also.
This patch I sent to Wayne privately not to create confusion and
disturb the focus of the comming release and fire up the git debate
before. This news should make such a transition very easy.