Re: hard crash with pcbnew

On 05/06/2015 10:23 PM, Andy Peters wrote:

>> On May 6, 2015, at 12:55 PM, Andy Peters <devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Using Adam’s nightly OS X builds, most recently BZR 5645, pcbnew is repeatedly crashing. It happens on both my 10.9 machine and my 10.10 machine. In OpenGL mode, it seems to get confused about menus, or something. It happens if I right-click to do something. I am not exactly sure what conditions cause it. Attached is the relevant part of the bug report:
>>

>> Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
>>
>> Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
>> Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
>>
>> Application Specific Information:
>> *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Menu to be set as submenu is already a submenu of some menu.'
>> abort() called
>> terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
>
> OK, happened again; I had the "Edit Line Segment Properties" dialog box open, trying to edit a board outline (on the Edge Cuts layer) and Kicad died immediately after I clicked “OK” to close the dialog. And I was in the default canvas, not the GAL.
>
> BZR 5645, OS X 10.10.3 using Adam’s builds.

Are you able to build KiCad yourself? Given Bob's report there should be
only 5 commits that could break things, so could you try to revert 5644
and see if the problem is fixed?

If it is not possible, I will revert the change in the repository and
hold it until I manage to access a Mac.

Regards,
Orson