Re: hard crash with pcbnew

> On May 6, 2015, at 2:03 PM, Bob Gustafson <bobgus@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Andy
>
> I was testing Adam's 5645 Nightly version with the scripting turned on. I was not able to get it to crash, but I also was not able to find the trigger for "Edit Line Segment Properties" dialog box. I was in Edge Cuts layer. See parallel posting.
>
> Another possibility - go into Mac Finder and look at all of the KiCad components. Are the date and time about the same? I am seeing about 02:10 all on the same date (Today). If you have one or more with a different date, then that is a clue to re-install the set from the dmg file.

All were dated today at 1:18 AM. I drag the files from the install DMG to the Applications folder and let it overwrite existing files.

> Let me know how to trigger the "Edit Line Segment Properties" dialog box and I will test what you did.

Edge cuts was kinda weird. I originally tried to draw the line in default mode, but I literally could not see the line until I zoomed in close. Apparently the default is to draw Edge Cuts as 0.001” wide. I switched to GAL mode and it was easier to select the cut line, and I changed the width to 0.01”. But it is very difficult to select a thin line without zooming way in.

And then it got weird. I needed to change my units from inches to mm (for ease in connector placements, no other) and the grid and the lines I drew wouldn’t match up. In other words, I changed the units to mm, changed the grid to a nice round number (like 5 mm) and when I edited the Edge Cuts properties, I would set them to a nice round number and they would never get on the grid. And then Kicad would crash and I’d have to start again.

-a