Re: Launchpad supports Git

Hi!

I'm not sure what "bzr-like revision" is, but I wanted to note that
there is a command "git describe --tags", which outputs something very
reasonable (if you tag your releases).

If the current version has a tag, it displays the tag. Otherwise, it
displays <tag>-<# of commits after tag>-g<hash of current commit>.

This has two advantages:
1) You can identify the exact version.
2) You instantly know how old the version is, and wether it is release
or not.