Re: hard crash with pcbnew

Just a quick google for the exception brings this 3 year old ticket:
  http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/14389 <http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/14389>
with the comment
"this is not really supported, actually if possible wxClientDCs should not be used anymore unless for measuring, everything else should be done in a EVT_PAINT handler, and if you really need wxClientDCs for tight updates in a loop, really keep them tight with no event handling interfering”

There are some wxClientDCs used in the code and your click-click-click-click-click sounds maybe a bit like “event handling interfering”.

However, I am by far no wxWidgets expert, so I don’t know if related at all...

Regards,
Bernhard