Re: KiCad feature videos?

> On May 12, 2015, at 8:48 AM, Adam Wolf <adamwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm preparing a presentation on KiCad for Maker Faire Bay Area this weekend.  (Fun fact: the presentation after me is someone designing a Raspberry Pi daughterboard *on KiCad on a Raspberry Pi*).
>
> The audience will be folks who may be interested in making PCBs, and may work with fancy pants PCB designers, but are probably closer to the beginner side.
>
> I'm hoping to cover a little of KiCad history, newish features (openGL, Python, P&S routing, differential routing), upcoming features (eeschema revamp...), and the new release rhythm and nightlies.
>
> I know there's the longish videos by the CERN folks on the differential routing, but does anyone have fun videos of openGL mode being awesome, or the P&S routing?
>
> I can make my own, but if someone already has them and is willing to share, I'd love to include them.
>
> I hate to offer this, but if anyone else has suggestions on things I should mention, feel free to send them on.
>
> Thanks everyone!

You should mention:

A) Libraries.
B) Libraries.
C) Libraries!

because that always seems to be the biggest sticking point with anyone trying to use any new PCB CAD package. Perhaps talk about library management schemes, and why one might prefer a custom library over the Kicad- (or other vendor-) provided libraries.

-a