Re: KiCad feature videos?

Hi Jessie,

I do:
- open vrml in Meshlab (open source) to convert from vrml to collada dae
- import in FreeCAD (open source) from collada
  (you need to install py collada to import dae in freecad)
- select mesh and in Part create part from mesh
- select shape
- eventually refine shape
- export to STEP

it can be done all by command line using meshlab server and freecad macros...
the result is fine also with bi boards and hundred of modules ...
you just need to be patient for FreeCAD to manipulate the file

it can be done also if you convert from vrml to stl and then import stl in freecad, but the result is less 'clean'

please let me know your feedback
Maurice