Re: Plans for update Boost?

On 5/18/2015 9:09 AM, Simon Richter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 17.05.2015 23:46, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
>
>> I know that this was a recent topic here in the mailing list, but so, what are the plans about updating the boost library?
>> I was looking for the boost::geometry and it is very outdated with current kicad version (1.54).

Not until after the stable release.  For the time being, we will still
with the bugs we know about versus the bugs we don't know about in the
newer versions of Boost.  After the stable release, I am removing the
Boost build from the KiCad source build and creating a separate Boost
build cmake project for platforms that require it.

> Outdated, yes. Problem is, the bug we work around apparently isn't fixed
> in more recent versions.

It hasn't even been fixed in 1.58 :(  JP already tested it.  It's been
over two years since the original bug report.  The Boost devs don't seem
to be interested in fixing it.

> That said, I use kicad with Boost 1.55 on Debian, so far without issues
> (but I don't have more than a single ground plane usually, so I may just
> have been lucky).

I've been using 1.57 on Debian testing and windows with both mingw32 and
mingw64 builds without any further issues that I could find.