Re: who has been able to make a mac build in the last month?

> On May 19, 2015, at 9:09 AM, Adam Wolf <adamwolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> My build cluster can build from 10.7+.
>
> My personal dev machine can only build for  10.9+.  The tricks I was doing to build for 10.7 appear to not work with the newest Xcode.
>
> If Apple is no longer supporting 10.7, I do not see why we should either.  I am fine moving to 10.8+.
>
> Before making a change, I need agreement from Wayne, Bernhard, Andy, and the other Mac folks, or at least non-disagreement. :)

My main machines are 10.9 (Core 2 Duo iMac) and 10.10 (quad i7 MacBook Pro). I don’t know anyone with any machines not running at least 10.9. So supporting 10.8 and later is probably safe. Anything that can’t run 10.8 is probably at the end of its life anyway.

I would move the 10.9 machine to 10.10 but I think it will bork my Drobo. I put 10.10 on it when Yosemite was first released and the machine came to a crawl, and I couldn’t sort it so I reverted (via Time Machine) to 10.9. The only thing that threw a red flag was Drobo’s non-support for their older (I have a Gen 2 Drobo w/FW800 & USB) products.

(Don’t buy Drobo anything. I tell this to everyone.)

-a