Re: KiCad GUI Translations

Le 22/05/2015 09:25, Dashie a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I’ve seen the kicad-doc project which i will be helping with French
> translations, but i’ve seen that the GUI isn’t fully translated or
> have « fatal » errors [1].
>
> I’ve been unable to see where in the code translations where, anyone
> can point me how to find them to help ?
>

> [1]: When in Pcbnew, the dialog « Footprint Properties » have for the
> « Side » panel, Top and Bottom in english but Haut and Haut in
> French.
>
> Thanks.

Thanks for your interest in Kicad.

GUI French translation is up to date.
If you have issues with it, you are not using the lasted versions of
Kicad or dictionaries (or files mismatch).

When making GUI translations, only the latest files from our Launchpad
server should be used.

We *need* help to translate the user documentation, especially the
latest doc, which uses now an ascii format (asciidoc format), and the
old translated files are no more usable.
Ans especially the French doc (I cannot make it: I have the hands full
with the code development and the English doc update)

See the site https://github.com/ciampix/ to contribute to the doc
translation.
Marco Ciampa is the maintainer of this repository.

Thanks, Marco and other translators, I know this is an hard work.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS