Re: 3D Scale settings

On 31 May 2015 at 21:38, easyw <easyw@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
> just a question for 3d modeling...
> Do you use to export 3d vrml plain pcb plus modules to Solid Edge?
> Do you convert them in some way to manipulate the board in SE? (e.g. step or
> iges)
> thank you
> Maurice

Hi Maurice,

I've only ever used KiCAD and Solid Edge separately. i.e. design a 3D
view of the board in Solid Edge and make a PCB design in KiCAD. I
never bothered trying to link the two together; That was 5-6 years
ago.

These days we use OrCAD and CADSTAR at work coupled with, again,
separate design in Solid Edge.

At home is where I want to couple FreeCAD and KiCad to work
efficiently to create 3D models for some of my CNC projects.

Best Regards,

Brian.