Re: 3D Scale settings

On 31 May 2015 at 23:25, Cirilo Bernardo <cirilo.bernardo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
>  I suggest we leave the scaling etc until after the stable release; it's a
> nightmare.
>
>  Historically the scaling allowed users to reuse similar models if they
> didn't already
> have a suitable model, for example grow or shrink a THT 0.25W resistor to
> pretend
> it's a 0.5/1.0/2.0W type or a small glass-encapsulated diode. I think with
> the
> currently available tools and numerous models there is no need to support
> this
> intended behavior and the GUI should only have a Z rotation and a Z offset;
> remove all ambiguity we do need to specify the units of the Z offset.

Changing  the way scaling works is not on the table here. Only a
user-helper which is to fill in the pre-existing scale UI with values
that are awkward to work out for a normal user (and laborious to type
for everyone). That's all I'm proposing - as well as a documentation
update.

I noticed when I linked to it that the Modedit documentation was quite
out-of-date. That needs sorting out regardless.

Best Regards,

Brian.