Schematic Symbol Philosophy?

Hi folks,

I was using KiCad to make a board today (yeah, the novelty of actually
*using* it!), and I noticed that there's been some changes in schematic
symbols--and I'm wondering if it was on purpose.

I was adding a pmos to my schematic, and I noticed there are:

Q_PMOS_DGS
Q_PMOS_DSG
Q_PMOS_GDS
Q_PMOS_GSD
Q_PMOS_SDG
Q_PMOS_SGD

and the change is basically to change the pin numbers.

Years ago, I thought it was that the schematic was a "logical"
representation of your circuit, and the assignment of footprints to
schematic symbols was where you chose parts, especially for things like
fets.

Is this a transitory thing, or is this the way we've chosen to set up the
official kicad libraries?

This isn't criticism, more something I was a little confused by and decided
I'd check on.

Thanks!

Adam Wolf

Follow ups