Re: wxWidgets vs boost utilities

Le 07/06/2015 10:51, Cirilo Bernardo a écrit :
> When I wrote the idf2igs tool/test program I modified the IDF code to use
> boost to
> (a) manipulate filenames and
> (b) manipulate time
>
> I made the modifications since the IGES code already uses boost_filesystem
> and I didn't want to pull in wxWidgets.  Are there any foreseen difficulties
> in the future merging code which uses boost functions for filename
> manipulation
> and time formatting rather than the equivalent wxWidgets methods?
>
> - Cirilo

Unless you have complex requirements, i am thinking the best way is just
to use c and C++ libraries.

For basic file name changes (like extension) 10 lignes of code is enough.
Time formatting is also easy made with usual libs.

Building boost is a nightmare on Windows.
I had to remove this dependency and add these 10 lines of code to
compile the IDF code.

The less Boost is used, the better.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS