Re: How to handle mounting holes with satellite vias?

On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 01:15:39PM +0200, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> There is another way: don't use a pad to simulate a via. Letting vias
> retain their nets (or - in case of footprints - follow the connectivity
> starting from pads) is IMHO a way to fix this and many other issues
> (thermal via fields, etc.)

The main problem is another way: the NPTH conflicts with the main pad;
I don't really care about the vias (since they don't harm DRC)

Maybe special-casing hole in the same module could be a solution, if you
trust people do to correct modules...

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl