Re: Schematic Symbol Philosophy?

Andy,

Regardless of the technical merits of the above replies, I want to make
something clear.

When I use eeschema, sometimes I am making sketches to send to remote team
members, and I definitely don't know the part number at that point.

This is what I was doing for the original email.  I was laying out a
schematic with a pfet and an opamp.  I knew what opamp I wanted to use, but
I didn't know what pfet I wanted, because I was creating a sketch of a
circuit so I could send to a collaborator.

I'm not suggesting we change the public library footprints, or even make
any changes to anything.  I was mostly wondering if a feature I use
frequently was going away.

Adam Wolf
Cofounder and Engineer
Wayne and Layne