From: Kicad-developers [kicad-developers-bounces+mrluzeiro=ua.pt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Stefan Olsson [Stefan.Olsson@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 June 2015 08:50
To: kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Kicad-developers] Where to start

Dear all

If I want debug/contribute kiCad, which platform is preferred to do it on, Linux/Windows (I guess it is Linux), or does it not matter ?

The reason I ask is that the Linux side is using Bazzar but the windows distribution use Git (and seems to be isolated) so I guess these
distribution does not have the same code source place.

Is it so that generic bug submits should always be done via Bazzar and explicit windows specific stuff should be
done via the Git hub or does the Bazzar repository contain code adaptions for all platforms and
therefore all fixes should be in Bazzar?

PS
I want to look into the BOM button and how to run the “BOM” scripts, I want to contribute some improvements,
specifically stdout/error output from script execution, the usual mess of handling ‘/’, ‘\’ and to solve some %P, %O stuff.

Also, I would like to fix the “date copy” button in the “Page settings”, when pressing the button it change the left field
to a different date format with sort of erroneous suffix “2015-06-12” becomes “'12en '12 juni 2015”
To some

DS