Re: Plugin plans (post-stable release)

Hi Tom,

I found also
https://github.com/stepcode/stepcode
that could be an interesting class lib...

I agree that if a STEP support will be added, it would be very useful (necessary) to add also the STEP visualization in 3d-viewer...

Adding STEP modules to the project without an internal and direct 3D feedback, would need a ping-pong work: add a module, export boards and modules open those in MCAD check mechanical positions, reopen in kicad, move modules, export again and re-check etc...

I was thinking that may be an intermediate step in exporting the full board for mechanical purposes could be to add the option to export the plain pcb with bounding boxes of the vrml modules... that would be a nice feature to add to the stable release...

Maurice