Re: future of complex board shapes

I am not quite sure where you are going with this mail, but I agree
that DXF import is a good way to get complex board shapes in pcbnew.
The drawing tools are sort of limited at the time of writing.

But often when you need a complex board shape it is because you are
constrained by the end product somehow, and it does not make much
sense to draw the board shape in KiCad itself.  So good support for
DXF import is important.