Debug and release builds

Can we Please, Please, Please stop using two different kinds of builds?
I can't even begin to describe how tiresome and infuriating it is to try
to help someone with a crash and find out that the backtraces are
completely useless. Especially with Heisenbugs that stop happening when
you get them to try a debug build. It's 2015, it's not like the
debugging symbols are taking up much space. We probably have the
second-smallest EDA package on the "market" right now. If we can't get
all the assertions fixed, we can use an environment variable or
command-line option and wxSetAssertHandler() to turn them off.

--
Grumpy Chris