Re: Plugin plans (post-stable release)

On 16.06.2015 17:35, Mário Luzeiro wrote:

> [...]

Hi Mario,

Yes, I meant you.

> I am following this discussion but I am having difficult to understand some parts here and the relation with 3d-viewer.

Basically, we need (just a brain dump below):
- a cleanup of the 3D model loading/storage code: a clean mesh class
(holding the geometry/assembly info) and refactoring of the 3d-viewer
(and further on, exporter code) to use it. I see you made the S3D_MESH
class, which is already quite clean and could be easily integrated with
the STEP mesher. One thing that might be needed is storing same
sub-meshes with different transforms (imagine a BGA footprint with 1000
identical balls - the current design of the class requires copying the
mesh data 1000 times, correct me if I'm wrong please).
- improved way to associate a STEP/IGES/VRML/whatever with the PCB
footprints.
- @Wayne - anything else?

Regards,
Tom