Re: Plugin plans (post-stable release)

I see Peter's work as a proof of concept.  Both Peter and I are working
on the premise of being able to create assembly structures which
users can verify with software like FreeCAD before sending off to
mechanical designers. I believe I'm much further along (despite
having written an entire IGES library for the job) since I can create
a board with true form and also create an assembly; the only part
missing, which has to wait until KiCad's 3D code is refactored, is
the export code in KiCad.

I guess if we add OCC as an optional dependency at some point
we can always use OCC to display the IGES models. I may
continue working on an IGES renderer though for a more lightweight
solution. I still haven't ruled out eventual work with stepcode to
provide a lightweight option to OCC in the future, but you can bet
that will involve at least 2 more years work in whatever spare time
I have.

- Cirilo