Re: eeschema cmp-[back] button obsolete ?

Not until eeschema has a way to do bulk footprint editions.

On pcbnew I can select a 100uF 0603 capacitor, change its footprint and
select to change all same footprints+same value. So in one step I can
update lots of footprints.
Then I export a .cmp file from pcbnew and back-import it from eeschema. Now
all the 100uF caps have the desired footprint

Its still an important piece for me, unless pcbnew is already capable of
editing the netlist footprints....

Marcos