official web page

Hello everybody,

 Marcos Chaparro has added a screenshot to the wikipedia entry on KiCad:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KiCad#/media/File:KiCad_3D_with_IDF.png

The screenshot shows the new 3D Viewer rendering of the video demo board
along with a VRML rendering of an exported IDF file. Perhaps this can be
put into the official web page at some point?

As for the web page, it would be nice to have a new one launched with the
stable release. Shall we put a call out on the various lists for people who
may wish to volunteer to work on ideas?

I have no special objection to the coldfire demo board which has featured on
the page for so long, but the "2011 Nov" date in the screenshot suggests
that there has been no development for a long time. If nothing else we
should repeat the screenshot with a current release, but my preferred
action would be to feature an Open Hardware design (with the permission
of the creators of course). With the various changes to 3D file format
support especially in the past year I should be able to use SolidWorks
to help create any necessary models to make the featured board look
good.

Many of the screenshots on the current page have also been outdated
for some time; for example the 3D views are from an era where the board
and many other features have not been rendered.

- Cirilo

Follow ups