Re: official web page

> Hello everybody,
>
>  Marcos Chaparro has added a screenshot to the wikipedia entry on KiCad:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KiCad#/media/File:KiCad_3D_with_IDF.png
>
> The screenshot shows the new 3D Viewer rendering of the video demo board
> along with a VRML rendering of an exported IDF file. Perhaps this can be
> put into the official web page at some point?
>
> As for the web page, it would be nice to have a new one launched with the
> stable release. Shall we put a call out on the various lists for people who
> may wish to volunteer to work on ideas?

Yes probably. I can try to have a look tomorrow, i no one beats me to
it. In the future I am more inclined to make some gallery or something
and not nessesarely have only one. But I would also like to get a new
site based on some static site generator, with the restriction that is
should read asciidoc, easily, such that we can embed the docs in a
nice way. Or at least that is my idea.

> I have no special objection to the coldfire demo board which has featured on
> the page for so long, but the "2011 Nov" date in the screenshot suggests
> that there has been no development for a long time. If nothing else we
> should repeat the screenshot with a current release, but my preferred
> action would be to feature an Open Hardware design (with the permission
> of the creators of course). With the various changes to 3D file format
> support especially in the past year I should be able to use SolidWorks
> to help create any necessary models to make the featured board look
> good.

There are many cool looking open hardware designs made with KiCad out there.

> Many of the screenshots on the current page have also been outdated
> for some time; for example the 3D views are from an era where the board
> and many other features have not been rendered.

True.