Re: OS X issues...

>> On Jun 22, 2015, at 5:00 AM, Johannes Maibaum <jmaibaum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hey OSX devs,
>>
>> And I just came across another minor UI glitch in pcbnew: When running the DRC, the dialog
>> window loses focus to the main window after the checks are finished. Since the main window is
>> usually bigger than the DRC dialog window this results in the dialog suddenly vanishing from
>> the screen. An unexperienced user might think that the checks failed and might try to click
>> the DRC button again. But since the dialog is still lurking behind the main window, nothing
>> happens.
>>
>> I think that there are two issues here, that both should be easy to fix:
>>
>> - DRC dialog window should keep focus after checks are finished.
>> - If the dialog has somehow lost focus (perhaps the user deliberately gave focus back to the
>> main window, leaving the dialog open), the next click on the DRC button/icon should bring the
>> dialog back to focus.
>>
>> However, with the DRC issue I am not sure, if this is OSX only and I have no Linux machine
>> near me now to verify.
>
> I have noticed this, too, and it’s been a long-standing annoyance. Is this an OS X-only issue or does it affect all platforms.

The "DRC dialog window should keep focus after checks are
finished."-issue does not seem to be an issue on linux. But I also use
the i3 wm which might or might not affect this beahivour.

Se other issue with clicking the DRC button when the dialog is already
open... it won't brigh the window to the front either. I just tested
this, but I have never noticed this because it has never hid itself
for me.

Sorry for continuing this, I just realised this might have gone off
topic. So I remaned this email subject.