Re: New log widged - bacground trouble

It uses HTML to render the report - so when we generate the HTML we need to
take the system background color into account separately. I'm wondering if
the DRC report widget takes it into account.

Tom

That's probably it.  LordBlick, is the background of the DRC and ERC report
widgets white on your system?
As seen in first attachment very nice for any long time working eyes - dark. ;)
Just text color does not work for the benefit of readability. IMO the basic
colors (background and base text color) can be read from any entry widget's
style above.

If so then I'm not sure what the best solution would be.  I guess we could
use wxSystemSettings::GetColour() to fetch the wxSYS_COLOUR_WINDOW color and
set the HTML widget background color accordingly but it may make the colored
text difficult to see.
Any other colored text of course exuding black on black background, will be no
problem (simulation in second attached file).
Additionally that can be solved by searching in config dir for pcbnew.css with
known  html DOM ids and classes names, which is easy editable in Notepad and any
scripting language - in example Python… ;)
--
Best Regards,
LordBlick