OS X: pcbnew Toolbar Comboboxes Not Working

Hi,

so, I again debugged this.

To sum up what I know now:
Comboboxes in dialogs are working as expected
Toolbar-Comboboxes in pcbnew main window are not working - when opened with the mouse you can select sth with up/down keys, though.
Toolbar-Comboboxes in module editor main window are not working
Toolbar-Comboboxes in library editor main window are working (yes, they do!)

I checked how various comboboxes/toolbars are created and there is no difference (if there is, I tried all variations, but it didn’t change anything).
In those cases where they do not work the change notifications on the lowest OS X wxWidgets level doesn’t even seem to get called.
So, I guess this is some very nasty wxComboBox/wxAuiToolBar focus or event handling weirdness…

Good news is that using a wxChoice instead of a wxComboBox (with wxCB_READONLY style) does work like a charm.
According to the wxWidgets docs the wxChoice should behave the same as a wxComboBox with wxCB_READONLY.
The only difference might be that dependent on platform both look a little bit different.

I can come up with a patch exchanging all the toolbar comboboxes with wxChoice.
Would you prefer to have this change only for OS X (this would add some #ifdefs around) or should I do it platform independent?

Regards,
Bernhard

Follow ups