Re: PNS diferential pair netnames update

On 28.06.2015 14:25, Simon Richter wrote:

> Rather than a static list, I'd like to see a configuration option.
Hi Simon

I like the idea of making DP naming configurable, but we have to think
carefully before implementing it. For instance, where would you store
these options?
- in the .kicad_pcb file (in this case, we would need a file format
change, likely causing incompatibility with the upcoming stable version)
- in the local Kicad configuration: then, if you open your design on
another PC with a different configuration, Kicad will not recognize
your diff pairs (and so, the DRC/P&S will not work as it should...)
- one more issue: we plan to add high-speed schematic directives,
which would allow to define DP impedance, length, etc. by placing
special labels on the schematic. The same mechanism could be used to
tell pcbnew that one net makes a DP with another net.

Cheers,
Tom