Re: i18n and other documentaion issues

> Translating the "Getting started in KiCad" I have encountered a number of
> issues. I am not sure how to proceed. Please comment.
>
> 1) The manual is outdated because it refer to a Java Web Start available
>    from the KiCad (Pcbnew) menu

Hmm, I guess that should indeed be updated by someone who knows how to
actually do it now.

> 2) Opening the FreeRoute new dialog window there is a "help" button that
>    opens a "help" page in English and that seems not translatable

... I have never seen that. But I never used the auto router.

> 3) Browsing on the KiCad source documentation dir I found:
>    a) another copy of the GUI Translation Howto: which one is to be
>       maintained? The copy on the "doc" repository or the copy on the
>       "product" repository?

This is the one I kindly asked if you would convert. So it should be
deleted in the kicad source repo (product branch).

>    b) why not convert the interactive router manual written in markdown
>       in asciidoc and move all in the doc repo? If this copy is already
>       in doc repo, since there is a section that seems identical, why
>       it is still present in the product repo? Please delete it!

I think Orson converted this to asciidoc quite a while ago, so the
markdown version can also be removed as far as I know.

>    c) why not move _all_ the docs in the doc dir, some to be translated,
>       some not, we will decide on a case by case basis? Or instead move
>       only the translatable docs to the doc repo and leave all the
>       "technical" docs untranslated in the source repo? In a way or
>       another we should have a policy and avoid dispersions and copies.

It guess it is ok to keep the documents such as build-config.txt in
the source directory. It is usually not interesting for the end user.