Re: Mac OSX Cmd vs Ctrl

> On Jul 2, 2015, at 12:37 AM, jp charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Le 01/07/2015 22:21, Garth Corral a écrit :
>>
>>> On Jul 1, 2015, at 12:22 PM, jp charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>>> The "issue" relative to Ctrl / Cmd is not clear for me.
>>>
>>> Is it just the name "Ctrl" which should be displayed "Cmd" (which
>>> is rather easy to change) or is it something else ?
>>>
>> I think you are correct that it is merely an issue with the display
>> of hotkeys in the list and not an issue in the definition of the
>> keys.
>>
>> Garth
>
> Can you try the rev 5853.
>
> I tried to use Cmd instead of Ctrl on Mac OSX.
> Cmd replaces Ctrl in Hotkey list and menus (the result is for example to
> run Pcbnew from Kicad, the accelerator key is Cmd + P and no more Ctrl + P.
>
> I cannot test it on my PC.
>
> The Hotkeys config files (if any) should be compatible between OSX and
> others systems.
> (in config files Cmd and Ctrl modifiers are equivalent)

Jean-Pierre, I think a regression was introduced. I am on Adam’s build of 5871.

‘R’ is the hotkey for rotate in both pcbnew and eeschema. But now it’s acting as View | Redraw in both. I noticed that it wasn’t rotating a symbol but instead the menu briefly highlighted, so I looked further.

Similarly, ’S’ has a conflict between File Save and Set Grid Origin, and ‘F’ has a conflict between Find and Flip.

File Save should be cmd-S and Find should be cmd-F. I will look for other conflicts.

Party on,

-a