Re: Mac OSX Cmd vs Ctrl

Le 03/07/2015 00:13, Andy Peters a écrit :

>> On Jul 2, 2015, at 3:11 PM, Andy Peters <devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Can you try the rev 5853.
>>>
>>> I tried to use Cmd instead of Ctrl on Mac OSX.
>>> Cmd replaces Ctrl in Hotkey list and menus (the result is for example to
>>> run Pcbnew from Kicad, the accelerator key is Cmd + P and no more Ctrl + P.
>>>
>>> I cannot test it on my PC.
>>>
>>> The Hotkeys config files (if any) should be compatible between OSX and
>>> others systems.
>>> (in config files Cmd and Ctrl modifiers are equivalent)
>>
>> Jean-Pierre, I think a regression was introduced. I am on Adam’s build of 5871.
>>
>> ‘R’ is the hotkey for rotate in both pcbnew and eeschema. But now it’s acting as View | Redraw in both. I noticed that it wasn’t rotating a symbol but instead the menu briefly highlighted, so I looked further.
>>
>> Similarly, ’S’ has a conflict between File Save and Set Grid Origin, and ‘F’ has a conflict between Find and Flip.
>>
>> File Save should be cmd-S and Find should be cmd-F. I will look for other conflicts.
>

> One more: ‘Z’ conflicts between Undo and Reset Grid Origin. Undo is usually Cmd-Z.
>
> -a

This is bit strange: the changes mainly can have modified the
accelerator keys which are displayed in the main menubar, but not others
(there is not change in the code which manages the hotkeys).
The changes also can have modified the hotkey config files, if you have
edited your hotkey table.

Are they correctly listed in the list of hotkeys ?

the case of the 'R' key is strange (unless you have edited your hotkeys
table).
View | Redraw is F3 key which cannot be confused with R or Cmd+R

In Pcbnew, what happens when you press 'B' (refill zones) and 'Cmd+B'
(remove zone filling) ?

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS