Re: adding "Show board in 3D viewer" button in pcbnew mainToolBar (patch)

Something could possibly be done, but we are getting off topic here.

Den 06/07/2015 20.35 skrev "Joel Holdsworth" <joel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Sure I'm not saying it's always the right choice. In PulseView it makes
sense because there never will be very many complex menus- and we've had a
concerted effort to try and make sure things are exposed directly on the
canvas.

> In the case of KiCad I'm more pointing out that having both a menu and a
toolbar may be redundant and result in reducing the amount of precious
canvas space. Therefore, could that redundancy be minimised by combining
the two somehow?

> Joel
>

> On 06/07/15 12:31, Nick Østergaard wrote:
>>
>> Arrwww, I hate those "burger" concept menus for the menuline, they
>> just make it hard to navigate. But anyway, I think such UI discussions
>> are better of after the release. FWIW.

>>> In PulseView I found this problem - redundancy between the toolbar and
menu
>>> bar. So I combined the two to save space into a toolbar with a burger
menu

https://airwebreathe.org.uk/lib/exe/fetch.php?cache=&media=pulseview:posterity:20150101-burger-menu.png

>>> I've also removed the status bar. The goal of all this is to eliminate
as
>>> many bars as possible which makes the UI keep the canvas space as large
as
>>> possible for actual work.
>>>
>>> Joel
>>>

>>> On 06/07/15 12:03, Nick Østergaard wrote:
>>>
>>> This is solely my personal opinion: I don't think another "auxillary
>>> feature"-button (read less important for the layout) in the main
toolbar is
>>> of much use. It is easier to access with the hotkeys, but so are almost
>>> everything else... We should revise what the goal of the toolbars is.
Do we