Re: question about the (not official supported) build on Visual Studio

Hi,

> I know it is not official supported, but I believe I read here that
someone is able to build it, is it "stable"? could that person (persons)
help try build that on VS?

Yes, it works. You need a few patches, I keep these in the
"lp:~sjr/kicad/msvc" branch on Launchpad, and merge them in the
automatic builds.

http://ci.kicad-pcb.org/view/Windows/  has an overview -- the log files
should hint you at how the software is compiled.

No python support yet, because that will pull in even more dependencies.

The binaries seem to work fine, but haven't had much testing yet, as the
installer package I build really has some issues, such as not
uninstalling cleanly.

   Simon